PKF International and the Forum of Firms
PKF International Limited is a member of the Forum of Firms of the International Federation of Accountants. Members of the Forum are required to implement and monitor quality control standards that the Forum has prepared.
Membership in the Forum is open to networks and to firms of all sizes that:
- Have transnational audit appointments or are interested in accepting such appointments
- Promote the consistent application of high quality audit practices worldwide, including the use of International Standards on Auditing (ISAs)
- Support convergence of national audit standards with ISAs; and agree to meet the Forum's membership obligations.
The Forum's membership obligations require that members:
- Maintain appropriate quality control standards in accordance with International Standards on Quality Control issued by the IAASB in addition to relevant national quality control standards and conduct, to the extent not prohibited by national regulation, regular globally coordinated internal quality assurance reviews.
- Have policies and methodologies for the conduct of transnational audits that are based, to the extent practicable, on ISAs.
- Have policies and methodologies which conform to the IFAC Code of Ethics for Professional Accountants and national codes of ethics; and agree to submit to the Secretary of the Forum an annual report, in a form approved by the TAC, indicating that it meets the membership obligations set forth above.
- International networks of firms practicing under the same name or whose member firms are otherwise closely identified with one another, such as through common elements in their name will be expected to join as one organization.
For more information about the Forum of Firms, please visit their website.