The different types of cookies we use
We use two types of cookies:
- Session cookies - these are cookies that are only stored while
you are visiting the site
- Persistent cookies - these are cookies that are stored until an
expiry date set by the website or in your browser.
The different owners of cookies on our
Some of the cookies on our websites have been set by third
parties. These cookies include those where:
- we show third-party content, such as YouTube videos
- a third party is providing a service, such as analysing the
pages that visitors to our sites view or
- a third party is measuring the effectiveness of advertising
links to or from our sites.
Third parties are responsible for any cookies they set. We
cannot control these cookies.
Cookies in Flash files
What is Flash
Flash is a file format used to show video and animation. We use
Flash files to present information on our sites and integrate with
third parties, such as YouTube.
It is possible for third party creators of Flash files to set
cookies as part of their files. At the moment, it is not possible
to identify all flash files that set cookies and this means we
cannot guarantee the status of every flash file.
The Flash platform is distributed by Adobe and they offer a number
of tools to monitor, block and remove flash cookies:
- Find out more about disabling flash cookies (also known as
local shared objects)
- Change your settings for storing flash cookies
Cookies used for transactions and forms
We've listed the cookies that we standardly use in our detailed
From time to time, we may include short-term surveys, comparisons
we do this, we'll always try to make sure that we list the cookies
that are used, but this may not always be possible given the
short-term nature of these features.
Detailed report of the cookies on our
At PKF International, we are committed to protecting your privacy
and security and we are currently working towards ensuring that we
meet the new regulations on cookies in full.
As part of this work, we asked a specialist independent
following information gives details of what the most recent audit
on 16th may 2012 found.
Summary of cookies used
- Session cookies set by us
- Session cookies set by third parties
- Persistent cookies set by us
- Persistent cookies set by third parties
- Google analytics
- Flash files that could set cookies
|Name of cookie
||Type of cookie
||Reason for use of cookie
||Level of privacy/tracking
||after 2 years
||after 30 mins
||Upon browser close
How to turn off cookies
You can turn off cookies in your browser settings. If you do
turn them off, it's important to remember that you may not be able
to use all the services on our websites.
You can find out more about turning off cookies at the independent
If you have any questions about specific cookies or our cookie
policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org