PKF Global Gathering Meeting
PKF held its annual Global Gathering meeting in Rome on 17 – 20 September. The event was a huge success, with over 200 PKF member firms from all over the world coming together in one of Europe's most spectacular cities. They all had one shared objective; to develop and foster new business opportunities.
This year’s meeting also marked a very important milestone for PKF - our 50th anniversary. We took the opportunity during the meeting to reflect on the success of the network over the years, which is entirely down to our people. We would like to thank everyone who attended the 2019 Global Gathering and 50th anniversary celebrations.
Highlights from the meeting included:
- Umberto Giacometti, PKF Italia Chairman and EMEI board member, who made a speech welcoming everyone to Rome
- Technology futurist, TEDx speaker and Forbes contributor Ian Khan, who discussed the impact that technology will have on our daily lives
- Paul Smith, Client Partner at Odgers Interim and Odgers Connect, who spoke on the topic 'Without the right talent, your firm and your clients will not have a tomorrow'.
- Gillian Fischer of Mindbridge Ai, who discussed ‘How to lead complex change when adopting AI technologies'
- CEO James Hickey, Director of Global Marketing and Communications Ali Hayes and Promontory’s Scott Garrett spoke about how PKF plans to lead our profession into an exciting new era
- LucaNet and PKF Munchen discussed 'how to add value to your client offering and explore further opportunities for collaboration'
- Paul Richmond, The Grogroup, spoke about 'creating client relevant go-to-market offerings driving greater business value'
- Phil Stubbs, Guildhatch, led a session on how to develop your social media presence in order to have a positive impact on your business.
In addition, the conference offered a fun run, a pre-conference tour of the Vatican City, dinners at the Cavalieri Hotel, Taverna de Mercanti, a Gala Dinner at Vila Miani, and a visit to the Papal Palace and Castel Gandolfo.